The School for Social Entrepreneurs - The Community Business Trade Up Programme
A business development learning programme and match trading grant are available to support locally rooted community businesses in England to become stronger and more sustainable.
The programme aims to support early stage community businesses across England by helping them to:
- Grow a stronger, more sustainable community business or project.
- Recover and rebuild income from trading and sales.
- Benefit from time to reflect and map out next steps.
- Improve leadership and business skills.
- Build a local support network of other people running similar organisations.
- A free learning programme, to help you build your income, confidence, resilience and impact
- Up to £5,000 Match Trading grant
- A community business peer mentor
- An opportunity to meet regularly with other people running organisations like yours, so you can help each other out
Area of Expertise:
Business support through learning programme and match trading grant
We welcome applications from all community businesses. We’re particularly keen to support community business who meet any of these criteria:
- Led by a board or team who are mostly from a racialised and minoritized community*
- Led by a board or team of mostly young people (aged 16-35)
- Located in and giving support to very deprived or disadvantaged local communities
- Leicester City
- Oadby and Wigston
- Northwest Leicestershire
- Bosworth and Hinckley